Equality of opportunity at Banks Road Primary School is about providing equality and excellence for all in order to promote the highest possible standards of achievement.
Equality of opportunity applies to all members of our school community – pupils, staff, governors, parents and community members.
We aim to promote equality of opportunity and good relations across all aspects of school life. We do this by:
- Creating an ethos in which pupils and staff feel valued and secure;
- Building self-esteem and confidence in our pupils, so they can use these qualities to achieve their
full potential and become rounded citizens of the wider community;
- Having consistent expectations of the pupils and their learning;
- Removing or minimising barriers to learning, so that all pupils can achieve;
- Ensuring that our teaching takes into account the learning needs of all pupils through our curriculum and lesson planning;
- Actively tackling discrimination and promoting equality through our curriculum;
- Making clear to our pupils what constitutes aggressive and discriminatory behaviour;
- Ensuring class and school resources reflect society as a whole;
- Having clear procedures for dealing with discriminatory incidents and that these are understood by all; and
- Ensuring that all pupils develop mutual respect through the school ethos, teachings and adult example.
Please click the button below to read our Equality Policy and Objectives: