At Banks Road we have a three-week meal rota. Meals are prepared on site and prepared with the aim of providing a healthy, well-balanced meal.
Paying for school meals at Banks Road
If you pay for your child’s school meals you can do so using our online School Shop. Please click the link to pay for your child’s school meals.
Can my child get free school meals?
Your child could be eligible for free school meals if they attend our Nursery all day and you receive a qualifying benefit.
Reception and Years 1 and 2
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 get free school meals (universal free school meals) regardless of your income. However, it is crucial that you still apply for the free school meals by clicking on the link below.
Year 3 to Year 6
Your child could be eligible for free school meals if you or your partner receive a qualifying benefit.
If you or your partner receive any of the following benefits you can apply for free school meals.
- Universal Credit – your household earned annual income must be less than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – with no Working Tax Credit and your annual household income is no more than £16,190 , as assessed by the Inland Revenue
How long will my child get free school meals?
There is no change to eligibility criteria if you receive a legacy benefit.
If you receive or are moving to Universal Credit, your child will get free school meals until March 2022, regardless of any changes to you or your partner’s income.
After March 2022, existing children who no longer meet the eligibility criteria at that point will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education, i.e. primary or secondary.
- If your child is in Year 4 in 2022, they will receive free school meals until they finish primary school
Before you apply
- If you’re a foster parent you cannot apply for free school meals as you already receive funding.
- If you already receive free school meals for a child and just want to add another child, contact the council here and they’ll be able to check if the additional child is eligible.
- If you get Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, contact the council here and they’ll be able to check if your child is eligible.
How to apply
Apply online and get an instant decision. The council will then inform school.
Remember, if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 and you receive a qualifying benefit, make sure you apply so the school gets the extra funding.
Our free communication app allows us to provide parents with instant access to our important messages and up to date school information.
Please contact the school office if you have not received your personal invite.